As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thing that I should write last December

I have been meaning to write about this last December since it is about my new year resolution but with limited access of internet at work and no internet access at all at home, this has been delayed for 2 months but better late than never right??

My resulotion for this year is not to have COCA COLA for 365 days!!!! This is a big deal for me since the last time I made new year resolution was when I was in school-more of have to rather than want to. You know when you were in school, the first thing that your BM teacher will ask you in the begnning of the year was to do an essay on "Azam Tahun Baru Saya", and another thing is I LOVE COKE(Cola that is). I must have it at least once a day, I know it's bad but I must have it.

And to think that I was never a coke fan 10 years ago, I think I started drinking coke excessively was when I started working with BC!! I think dealing with the customers every day did this to me, I must have sugar to keep me sane and drinking coke is the easier way of getting high. I cannot afford to go shopping when I need something to boast me up, can't go clubbing when you have 3 small kids to look after or rather no one to look after them when you go out clubbing and clubbing was never my thing anyway.

I know coke is bad for you, I know too much sugar level in you body will bring you harm in later day but I just can't seem to stop drinking it, and it became worse that my bad habit has also effected my kids. Since I must have coke, we have a constant supply of it at home and once we had it, the kids will want to drink it. I can't tell the kids not to drink it because I did, and this is not a goos example.

So, 2 weeks before new year, I told Amli that I wantedto stop drinking coke for 2008, and if I'm successful I will reward myself with either a designer handbag or a leser treatment for my eyes-depending on my mood at that time.

So, people..I need lots of support on this especially when things are going crazy at work. If I sound cranky or mean to you, please rememer that it was not me because I'm a very nice person, it's the lack of coke that did this to me. Wish me lusk people and if anyone of you out there know how to do the counter thingy on your blog, please let me know, I want to put it in,so I know how much longer till the day that I can have a sip of COKE.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Mimie Shoaib said...

Salam Eza, I read this sometime ago but didn't leave you any comments. But today, I came across an article online (see below links) about how bad aspartame is (substance being used in sweets for coughs e.g. fisherman's friend, carbonated drinks, diet-soda etc), I think it's better to stay away from them and not make it a habit to take them.
If really we find it hard to avoid them, I'm reminding this to myself as well, that we should seek help from ALLAH SWT to help us.
"There is nothing dearer to ALLAH SWT, than a servant making dua' to him" ...
WALLAHualam ... :)

http://www.dorway.com/badnews.html
http://www.glome.org/000061.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home