As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Waiting

I went for this Customer Service training at Bankers' Club, and this phrase came out in the training quite often "waiting period". We were discussing on why people on geberal hate waiting especialy for a lng period of time and how they will become crankier.

Strangely, I don't mind waiting!! It's true, I can wait for hours without complaining especially if I'm waiting in a very comfortable place, i.e with air-cond and place to seat on. Throw me a gossip magazine and I won't mind waiting for hours!!! I treat this waiting time as 'me moment', this is the time where I can be alone and I don't have to think about anything in particular especially work and life. I can dream while waiting :)

When I was about 18 years old, I had to wait for my date to show up for almost 4 hours. Other people might just gave up and thought that this is bad date, but not me, I waited for him and he did arrived after 4 hours!!!and we did had a great date after that(the fact that he is a bit blur also contributed on why I was willing to wait for him!!). No, I did not end up with him :)

I learned to appreciate the time that I have after I joined this business called Omegatrends(I did not interested in the business part of it but the personal development part really do me good-I learned alot form it). I learned that I should always seize the day(macam Ross in Friends), I learned that I should look at the positive side of it rather than the nagative side. It took me awhile to master that skill as I been brought up with this attititude of looking at things negatively rather than positively, now I really don't mind waiting, but the downside of it is that since I don't mind waiting I assume others won't mind too. So, people if I keep you waiting please bear in mind that I did not do it intentionally :)

3 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, hate waiting!! I hate people who are late (and why on Earth did you wait for that guy for 4 hrs??!!) and get really, really irritable if kept waiting.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahhahaha

waiting for Isa kan??? hahahahaha

Aida.

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

Thanks Aida... I've been trying to remember the guy's name.

I don't mind waiting too. Like you said, it's my "me moment". Time to get away from everything and everybody for a few hours...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home