As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Sick weeks

This week has been declared by me as 'Sick Week'. Never expect this to happen, like people would say "kita hanya merancang Allah yang menentukan". I had plans for this week, on Monday I plan to download pictures that I took over the weekends and write about the final concert of AF. But Allah have a different plan for me. At 4pm I received a call from Adriana's nursery, she has a seizure attack. Luckily for me, the staff there are trained so they know what to do and since Amli is working as a freelance so to say, so it's easy for him to just drop everything and fetch me. It totally slipped my mind that my Dad will pick her up in 30 minutes time.

By the time we reached her nursery, my dad had picked her up and she does not look good. We rushed to my parents place and immediately drove to her usual pediatrician. Even then she was incoherent, she was not her usual self and it scared the s**t of me.

Arrived at the hospital and saw the doctor at the parking lot. He just arrived there for his afternoon shift. I waited for him in the clinic, the moment that he stepped in I launch her history and just followed him to his clinic. I created not a very pleasent atmosphere since there are people waiting to see the doctor before me but do I care?? NO...my Adriana needed the doctor's attention PRONTO.

She had another episode at the clinic so no choice but we had to admit her for at least 1 night for observation. Again, we were at the same room as last time and doing the same thing again.

Amli had to go to Penang the very next day, this trip is important for his business so he has to go. That leaves me to handle 3 kids alone for 1 day, with me with Adriana in the hospital and other 2 at my parents' place.

Amli arrived home at about 8pm and he doesnot look good. He was shivering and his body was so hot. He also not feeling well. And when Amli is not feeling well that only means one thing, he will become unbearable to me. He is even worse than Adriana. Penat tau, air sebelah pun still ask me to pick it up for him.

So, I end up having to looked after 2 sick 'babies' at home and it's really driving me mad. Apart from looking after the sick ones, I have to look after the healthy ones too. My days will start at 6.30am, wake Tasya up and then prepared her breakfast. Azrai will then woke up by himself and then both of us will send Tasya to school. OK, for those who knows me(that means all of us) knows how I hate driving but this week I have no choice but to drive. I drove Tasya to school, then came back and prepare Azrai for his school. Then send him to school. The amount of driving tha I did this week is more than the 5 years that I have my licences.

On Friday Amli still not well, so no choice but have to go to hospital. So, off we went to APSH. He was admitted due to viral fever. I did not go to work for almost a week and this is not good for my 'career' so I went to work on Friday but actually it was a relief for me too. I need to minggle with healthy people for a while. So, off to work but only half day. Went back at 5pm, straight went to hospital. At about 6.30pm went back to look at my 3 kids that I tumpang at my parents place.

We are planning to go for holidays next week since it was school holidays but guess we are spending the holidays at the hospital :(

2 Comments:

At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really salute you lady! Hard to be both a wife and mother AND working woman.

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there dear.... We all have our days..... just be glad that u have ur "support team" with u....

Thank GOD for the "support team" a.k.a. parents & family.

Hugs,
Aida.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home