As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Monday, October 30, 2006

My Raya this year

I celebrated raya this year in KL. In fact, before I was married I always celebrated raya in KL. To me raya in KL is the best, people outside KL said raya in KL suck but to me it was heaven. There are few reasons why I like raya in KL, 1st most of my relatives are here, so we always spend first day of raya going around their houses from morning until night time. And the 2nd reason is that during this time KL will be 'lengang'(or empty and quiet)but not this year. I do not know why there were still lots of people in KL-long gone you can cruise around KL in less than 10 mins, there were still traffic when we went to Damansara Height via the Jalan Pahang. It was heartbreaking for me at least.

I still remember when I was small-raya in KL meaning that you are amongs a few wearing baju kurung and baju melayu. It was fun when you stopped at petrol station, ot 7 eleven or paying for the toll. But this year, raya was no different from any other days. Tak best betul, I really miss my raya when all around your houses are dark, and you can literally lari kat supermarket. All the public transport macam hak milik kekal kita jea. But I guess that moments are long gone. I have to accept the fact that more and more people consider KL as their hometown, therefore they still be here during raya and other public holidays. Like I said I miss my raya but I guess raya is raya no matter where you are, either it is in KL or in Alor Setar( but I guess AS is more crowded than KL when it comes to raya season)

But, if I have a chouce I want my KL raya the way it used to be 10 years ago.....

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

10 years ago??? Masalahnya kita dah 10 years older!!! But you're right AS mmg crowded gila! I hate going out to the shops during raya season... yg 10 minit jadik 1&1/2 hrs!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home