As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

I like....

Did I tell you that I did not get the job?? Well, I did not get the job, they send me a letter to tell me that. And the funny thing is that I was not dissapointed at all. I read the letter and then well.... It really hit me that I did not feel sad that I did not get the job when I thought I did very well in the interview. It kindda bother me then it get me to think why I reacted that way.

I think it is because if I want to move on I want to do something else, something totally different from what I am doing now. If I were to do the same thing, I rather be here. I know the system, I know how to play the office politics here, I have a very nice colleagues who I can call friends. I like it here.

In my life, I do not have much friends as I like, I tend to lose friends as I moved on. I still keep in touch some of my friends from school but I do not call them close friends, I have few that I am close with but only few and I always believe that we should make more friends. I used to be very close to my colleagues from my previous company but with the work pressure and time limit, I did not keep in touch with them as often that I wanted to and over time, the friendships kind of slip away from me. I do not want that to happen with my friends over here, because I like them very much. We are not only close in the office but we are close outside from it too. They know my kids, and my kids know them too. I know their family, their dogs what the dogs like and dislike and I like that kind of friendships and if possible I want it to last and maybe that is why I am so glad that I did not get that job. I like it here...........

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

Same here lah. We always forget the people we leave behind when we move on except if we really make an effort. But then they could also be busy with their own lives to bother with us anymore kan. So tak la bertepuk sebelah tangan.
But with advance technologies, we really shouldn't have that excuse. just click to say hi! unless kemalasan menimpa-nimpa!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home