As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Organ Donor...Do I dare?

I was reading this morning and this thought keep playing in my mind(I am supposed to write my Self Assessment but...). I wanted to do that, the organ donor thing but I'm not sure about it. At first it was due to the religious thing, I was brought up believing that your body belongs to Allah, and when you come back to Him everything must be intack. But then, if by donating you organ can help other to live why not. Islam is a religious of giving and Allah would understand my good intention. So, that's settle my first huddle of my good intention.

My second concern is my family's reaction. How do they react about this? Do they ok with it or they will give my a hard time? I'm sure it will be the later. And do I really dare to sign on the dotted line? I know I'll be dead by the time they cut me out and take out my heart, kidney, my eyes, etc but still the thought keep haunting me, and do the new person will care about my organs when they get it or will they abuse it by smoking or eating the wrong things or looking at things that they are not supposed to look?

I really really in between about this matter. One minute I was all for it and the next I'm chicken out. I wish I have more information about this, from personal experienced not from articles in the newspaper. I want to know how the donors' families deal with this(we hear a lots about the receipients but none about the donors...guess they want to remain anonymous but I want to know) I need to know before I make up my mind. Any ideas, anyone??

4 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

Think really, really hard ya. This is something that you cannot treat lightly.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

BTW Iza, you've been tagged. Check out my blog

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am a registered organ donor.. tapi who knows la, by the time we kaput, our organs boleh guna ke tidak, with all the junk food, etc (coffee for me, coke for you)

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger noriza said...

Aunty Jenn

You are right..but then it's the thoughts yang count...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home