As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

8 years of ups and downs




Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We have been married for 8 years, was it all bed of roses?? Of course not. Our marriage like others full of ups and downs. Sometimes more ups and sometimes more downs but we survived.

We met while we were in Coventry University, I was in my first year while he was in his final year. The first time we met was at 3s'cook(I think). My good friend, Yatie introduced us since Yatie knows his sister(they were in the same class). My first comment about him was "he's cute", but at that time I was going out with someone else,and that was that.

Little did I know that he had his heart on me(cih...perasan nie), and he was very determined to get me, he came to our house all the time-he practically lived there, went to all the places with me and helped me settled down. When I had my heart broken, he was there to pick up the pieces and put it all back together. He was there to hold me while I cried and told me everything will be ok, and he is right. Everything is ok.

For the past 8 years we went thru so many things together. There were once that we practically have no money...no money at all even to buy fomulas for the kids. We had to literally search for money in the house, all the coins, all the money that we put in secret compartments were all used up. But we still together and our love grows stronger because of that.

Did we fight, of couse we did but we also had good laugh together. We are blessed with 3 wonderful kids that drive us crazy but they also bring us joy. I pray to Allah everyday to bless us, give us strength to face all the difficulties in our marriage and bring happiness to us.

Mahfuz, I may not say it all the times but I love you with all my hearts and thank you for always be there for me thru good and bad times. I love you....

4 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 8th Anniversay!!!!!

May there be many many more great years in the future.

Aida.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

It's those little things you survived that makes a marriage stronger.

May you have many more years together.

p/s
I love it that you still call him Mahfuz after all these years... hehe

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger noriza said...

thank you for the wishes.

habis tu, geli nak panggil dia abang....mahfuz is the closest to that...

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROTFLOL.... I cannot imagine Iza calling Amli "Abang"... I cannot imagine myself calling my DH (Darling Hubby) "Abang" either...

Aida.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home