As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Have some respect

I been working in my current position for almost 4 years now. At first it was shocking to see how malaysian treat another malaysian-regardless of races and ages. My position here-officially is Customer Relation Executive, unofficially I was receptionist. Basically what I do was explainig to the customers about our services, then collect money if they want to register for the class. I also have to deal with parents from our Young Learners classes.

The way Malaysian treat us was so shocking that I feel ashamed to call myself Malaysian. They treat us(me and my colleague) with no respect whatsoever!!! They threw money and their credit card at you, they treat you like you are nobody. Do you know how sad it is when people threw money at you?? You are respectable and educated human being and yet people can treat you like that. The most dissapointing part is because I'm working in customer service part-I do not have the right to tell them off. Sometimes I was so close of throwing back their card at them and ask them get off, and don't bother coming back!!! Unfortunately-wish only!!!

Sometimes, you will get those students who have to RESIT their exam came to you with the stupid slang and talk to you like you are stupid or something. They will come and say thing like "I'm here to take my BRITISH UNIVERSITY EXAM" Usually what I did was asking them back, "which exam are you taking", then they will say that they took the exam at their Uni now thay have to take it again. This is my moment of glory-sometimes I will ask them in a nice sarcastic way, do they have to resit their exam?? Sometimes, I was so close of telling them that I also played a lots during my Uni time but I don't have to resit any of my exams!!! And some more with the stupid slang!!!! Choi lah....

Seriously, most Malaysian that I met here in my office have no respect to other fellow mankind. They think with their paltinum card and their stupid british slang their can treat others with no respect. Pleaselah have some respect to others regardless of who they are. Every man in this world deserves a respect from anothers. It really hit me hard on how people treat others, I think all the problems in the world can be solve if people treat others with respect.

2 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Yatie Tajudin said...

You are so right. Most people are the "judge a book by it's cover" type. Semain-main kita kat uni and skip classes all the time tu pun tak yah resit kan. They think they are so great but in actual fact they just feel really embarass because they have to resit. So bodo-piang!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home