As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Love ends when marriage starts

Is this true? I was listening to Sinar FM sometimes ago( don't ask, my husband listen to it, HO, you have a new fan!)One caller call in and they were talking about(well, I can't remember what topic). The DJ asked him are you in love, then the caller replied, no, I'm married. Then HO said more reason for you to be in love which the caller replied, love ends when marriage begins. I was laughing at first but then it kindda sunk in. It does sound kinnda true. Most married people will stop doing what they did as a couple when they get married. And this leads to them being bored to each other,believe me I know. I've been married for 7 years remember?

Very seldom that we have a chance to go out for dinner just the two of us, or go on a date for that matter, and I know there are people after married who stop doing that all together. I know this is not healthty but sometimes they don't have a choice. Once they have kids, works and other responsibilities, you don't have time to pamper your husband/wife. You start to take them for granted and this is when the loving stops.

I don't want this to happen to my marriage eventhough my feeling towards my husband has changed 360 degree from our courting time but I still made an effort to make our marriage works. I still love him but this time the love is a different kind of love. My love for him has changed from "can't get my hands off you" love to "Thank you for taking out the gabbage" kind of love.

Maybe the caller is right, love stops when marriage begins but may be we can love our partner differently or we made an effort to make sure that we still love each other no matter what then we can say that love does not stop when marriage begins but it grows as time goes by. That would be better right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home