As Good As It Gets

A place where I can voice out my concern about my life, my family, my relationship and everything under the sun, or moon or the entire universe.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Pissed off with MPH Mid Valley

Dear Sir/Madam

I would like to complaint about a bad service that me and my family received at your Mid Valley's outlet. We went to the store today (12th June) at about 2.45pm with the intention of buying books for my 3 kids. Once in the store, I, my 5 years old son and my 4 years old daughter went straight to the reading corner. My son took the sponge bob's bed time stories that have sound and my daughter took another book. We then stated opening the book to browse. Few minutes after that, one of your staff came to us and said that we are not allowed to read the book. At first I thought she said that we are not allowed to on the music from the sponge bob's book, but then she said that we are not allowed to open the book and read it. I was so angry, how could we as a customer were not allowed to read/see the book first before buying it. My daughter was crying when we had to put the book again. What puzzled me was there were another girl who was reading a novel and a mother and daughter who was also reading book. Why they can do it and not me and my kids??? The way that your staff treated us was like we wanted to tear the book apart. For your information my kids love reading and they know how to treat books.

I never felt humiliated before and I was so angry, I going to tell all my friends, my family, my husband's friends and family, my daughter's friends, my son's friends and I also going to write about this on my blog to tell them not to go to MPH Mid Valley because apparently they do not encourage customers to browse books before buying.

Thank you
Noriza Mohamed


This is the email that I wrote to MPH website. I was really pissed off with them yesterday. I was so mad that I stormed out form the store, thinking about it now-I should go and see the store manager and demand an explanation on why my kids are not allowed to read the books there while other people can. Is it because we did not looked like someone who can actually afford their RM19.90 books!!!! So, starting this morning-I have been campaining to all my colleagues not to go to MPH Mid Valley, and now I'm writing about it in my blog(as written in my letter to MPH, which they never bother to reply, yet)
So, my loyal readers( yeah-two of you) please support my cause and please do not buy any books or even step into MPH in Mid Valley, I'm ok with other branch especially in Alamanda, just not Mid Valley.

Ok, people promise me. Thank you

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a first time I hear about a book shop not allowing browsing. In some cases I do understand why they do not allow it, but we must peruse the book first to see its suitability for our kids, right?

Noted, avoid MPH MV.

Hugs,
Aida.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger noriza said...

Thank you....it was so frustrating..my kids were so dissapointed. On Sunday we went to MPH in Subang Parada and customers were allowed to read books there. Kids had fun, we end up buying close to RM100 worth of books!!!!

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a few books for your kids, been meaning to send them over but since tak bawak keta nie, malas nak kluar rumah after I get home.

Then most weekends when I am free, u seem not to be free. ehehhehehe

Aida.

p/s : I hardly go to MV anyway these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home